Monday, April 5, 2010

This One's For The Girls

I suppose it's not that uncommon of a thing to love somebody you've never known. But, I find it strange nonetheless. Often times I wonder what it would be like to have a grandmother. I imagine that the world would seem a lot bigger and my own tiny trials not quite so important. One of my brothers has a particularly good relationship with my grandpa. They like whack down bushes and wash their cars together and stuff. I wonder what that would be like with a grandma. Would I go shopping with her? Would we stay at home and sweep the floor or would we goof off while we were supposed to be working? Would she laugh at the crazy things I do to my hair? Or would she help me in it all? Would she be so set in her ways that I would have to change to be like her? Would she be amazing like my mom? Or would she be more like one of my sisters? Would she tell me stories? Would she love puzzles like my Aunt? Or perhaps she would even stay up late and eat ice cream with me. Or maybe she would be one of those types that would laugh with me at the strange people at school, like my dad.
I don't know the answers to any of these questions. And I'm not totally sure that I want to know. Whatever she was like though, I know I'd love her simply for who she was and for who she made me. It's a strange thing not ever knowing somebody that you love and who is so much a part of who you are.



















Maybe I'm biased but, I think they are pretty much two of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Huh, and they just happen to be family...



So, here's to you both. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

_ *****************************************************************************

Followers