Friday, April 16, 2010

God Loves

I've never really known much pain before. I live in a nice house, with a nice family, with nice friends and a nice school. Sure, I've had the best friend who somehow becomes your not-so-best friend and the occasional glitch in the road, but never pain at its core. These past couple of days though I've known true, raw sorrow. Sorrow where it hurts past the point of feeling. It's just there all the time. I've learned to cry. Not crying like we typically think of it today, but some sort of broken crying. A crying where I don't even know I'm crying. Crying out to the Lord to try and make Him make me understand.



My family and I have been dealt quite a bit of rain this week. On Tuesday my Grandfather (my Mother's Father) went to the doctor. They found a mass in his lungs. He went to the Hospital. They gave him 3 liters of blood. He had a byopsy on Wednesday. He came home on Thursday. Friday, today, he went back to the doctor. They told him he has four months to live and possibly eight with treatment. I cried my broken cry again.


There is hope though: God loves. It's so simple, yet so complicated. God loves. He loves me, He loves my Papa, He loves my family. He loves. The best part of it all though is that even when I forget, He still loves.

***

"My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?
O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
And in the night season, and am not silent.
But You are holy,
Enthroned in the praises of Israel.
Our fathers trusted in You;
They trusted, and You delivered them.
They cried to You, and were delivered;
They trusted in You, and were not ashamed.
But I am a worm, and no man;
A reproach of men, and despised by the people.
All those who see Me ridicule Me;
They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
“He trusted in the LORD, let Him rescue Him;
Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!”
But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
You made Me trust while on My mother’s breasts.
I was cast upon You from birth.
From My mother’s womb
You have been My God.
Be not far from Me,
For trouble is near;
For there is none to help."
--Psalm 22: 1-13

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aly, I'm so sorry for you and your family. My prayers will be with you. May this rain cause God's name to be praised. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel, thank you so much. Prayer is pretty awesome these days. :)
    Also, I was messing around with the comment moderation and that's why it took a while for you comment to come. I'm not sure if you noticed or not. I need to work on that one...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I noticed. I was thinking, "Ack! I did two comments! That's going to look funny...." :) Thanks for removing one of them. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

_ *****************************************************************************

Followers